Opposed to what you would think, being pure of heart doesn't mean being a perfect, flawless hero. Basically, the Pure of Heart is the direct opposite of Absolute Evil (a villain who is the most evil and depraved, without being redeemed). It means that they want to make the world better, or at least keep it from getting any worse. Not for themselves, but for everyone that lives in it. A pure of heart is identifiable through these traits:
- Pleasant: The character is basically nice and reasonable with any other character, and tries to get along with anyone who interacts with him, even if they are hostile to him.
- Selfless: They think about others before themselves, and wouldn't hesitate to risk their lives to save others, sometimes even people they don't know.
- Incorruptibles: No matter how many times they are tempted, or how much pains they go through, a pure heart doesn't surrender to his inner demons, like anger.
- Forgiveful: They give their enemies chances and allows them to redeem themselves. Sometimes, they even save their enemies, after being their victims.
- Reluctant to kill: Some never kill any foe, no matter how cruel they are. Yet some do, though only in self defence (or in an equitable fight), in last resort, and with remorse. Heroes who have fun killing cannot be labelled pure of hearts, if they kill more than one person at least in a limited number.
- Acts: A true hero shows his courage through actions, such as saving lives, or at least making life much easier for people in need. And most importantly, he expects no reward, and that goes for certain greedy heroes who can show their nice side.
- Naive: Sometimes, the hero just can't grasp unto most concepts, such as technology, money, or intercourse. Mostly, this is why they aren't interested in power or greed. Heroes that have this trait often are children or grow up in a primitive society.
Redeemed villains, even after many crimes, can become pure of heart, as long as they don't go back to their evil ways afterwards, since a pure heart is incorruptible. That's why some categories (like Antiheroes and On & Off heroes) do not fit this one.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Pure of Heart"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.